Making a list of France’s most beautiful 10 places is very hard, because the competition is fierce. However after many struggles these are the 10 finalists.I hope you don’t disagree.
- Mont Saint Michel – a medieval fortress from Normandy, part of Unesco’s Heritage Sites List . Here you can see the famous Abbey of Mont Saint Michel and the most spectacular tides in Continental Europe. You can get here easy from Saint Malo, another spectacular place in France.
Mont Saint Michel castle in France
View of the Abbey in Mont Saint Michel
- Mont Blanc -the highest Montain in the Alps, paradise for hiking, climbing, mountain- biking and skiing. Definitely to see is Chamomix- famous ski resort at the foot of Mont Blanc.
- Rocamadour an unique rocky village situated in the southwest of France. The region is a pilgrimage target since the 9th century and one of the most visited places in France. Rocamadour has also its own French goat cheese and every year the village hosts a cheese festival, Fête des Fromages , which attracts many visitors. You can get here from Toulouse, located at about 165 km distance
- Provence-The Lavender Road- an opportunity to discover the most beautiful villages of Provence and lavender farms , taste and buy traditional lavender products. The perfect time to make a road trip there is from mid-June till early August. For an 100 % lavender experience see : Sault-french capital of lavender, Gordes, Sénanque Abbey, Roussillon, Ménerbes, Lacoste, Luberon.
- Loire Valley – castle and wine paradise. Visit the castles whose name begins with “Ch”, because those are the most beautiful. The beauty of the valley is also recognized by Unesco’s Heritage Sites List. You can get here from Paris or Tours.
Chenonceau Castle-Loire Valley
Art and wine on the Loire Valley
- Normany Beaches also known as D-Day Beaches. Have a battlefield tour and see Sword, Juno, Gold, Omaha and Utah Beach. You can get here easily from Caen.
View of the German fortifications at Omaha Beach
- French Riviera – Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Eze, Beaulieu sur mer, Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. Great places to relax and simply enjoy the life. Start your trip at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
In front of Monte Carlo Casino
- Les Gorges du Verdon- a spectacular river canyon, formed by the turquoise Verdon River.The canyon is one of the most beautiful in Europe and is great for hiking, climbing, rafting and fishing. The Grand Canyon of Verdon is located close to the French Riviera, at about 100 km from Cannes.
- Paris – France’s most visited city. Definitly to see : Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre Coeur Church, Louvre Museum, Seine River and Arc de Triomphe. Don’t forget to visit Versailles palace situated at about 20 km from Paris.
- The Pyrénées mountains –scenic landscape between France and Spain. Definitly see Mont Perdu and its National Park-, included in the Unesco World Heritage Sites List.
Other things in France that might interest you:
- Things to see in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
- French Riviera - Beaulieu-sur-mer
- Eze - one of the most beautiful villages in France
- Celebrity destination-Saint Tropez
- Celebrity destination-Monte Carlo