How is summer in Paris? Just two words can describe it – very hot! ! Summer is perfect for visiting and experiencing Paris. There are many things you will love and hate about Paris in the summer. We visited Paris in July and I can say the weather was very good. The days seemed endless and we could visit many things. Even though on the internet the temperatures for July are between 15 degrees C (59 degrees F) and 24 degrees C (75.2 degrees F) , for us it was different.
Almost all the days spent in Paris we had temperatures around 30 degrees C (86 degrees Fahrenheit) and sometimes even more. We’ve also had a few rainy days but you know what they say” No time is a bad time to visit Paris”.
Here are some things you’ll hate about Paris in the summer:
- It’s very crowded and that’s why the lines for the tourist attractions are very big. Also there are many pickpockets taking advantage of this agglomeration.
Inside Louvre Museum
Evening at the Eiffel Tower
- It’s hot and because it’s so hot, the streets and the subway will stink. The stinkiest street i have seen in Paris was the one in front of Moulin Rouge. During the night there were many drunken people and homeless sleeping on the streets and they did not smell good.
In front of Moulin Rouge
- Everything is very expensive, especially the hotel rooms. They are not only very expensive, but also very little. When you get back home from a Paris vacation your house will seam huge compared to a Parisian hotel room.
- Even though they say French food is good, there are many places in Paris with bad food. So if the food looks weird leave the place or stick with the classics: crepes, croissant, French fries and cheese.
- Toilets in Paris are hard to find and when you’ve found one it says” Out of order”
Things you’ll love about Paris in the summer:
- You can take advantage of the good wetter and stay outside the whole day
- You can wander the streets of the town and discover the architecture step by step
Arc de Triomphe in Paris
- You can have your coffee and lunch or dinner outside while watching the world go by
- You’ll be able to have a romantic picnic in the park
Picnic in Paris parks
- No matter the season the city is very beautiful and you’ll never get bored
I’ve just noticed that the “hate list” looks bigger than the “like list”, but that’s not that important.
Paris is very beautiful during the summer and is waiting to be discovered.
Other things in France that might interest you:
- Things to see in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
- French Riviera - Beaulieu-sur-mer
- Eze - one of the most beautiful villages in France
- Celebrity destination-Saint Tropez
- Celebrity destination-Monte Carlo