Everyone knows Paris is expensive and traveling to Paris without any money is practically impossible. Here are a few recommendations meant to help you survive in Paris spending as little money as possible.
- Concentrate yourself on monuments and parks: Jardin de Louxemburg, Jardin des Tuilleries, Champs du Mars, Champs-Élysées, Seine, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Pere Lachaise cemetery,etc.
- Almost every interesting thing in Paris can be seen for free. Here are a few examples:
– Louvre Museumis free for all visitors on the first Sunday of each month and on July 14
– Notre Dame Cathedral is free of charge every day of the year, during the opening hours 8:00 am to 6:45 pm
– Versailles gardens are free every day from November to March
– Versailles domain is free on the first Sunday of every month from November to March
– Sacre Coeur Church - entry to the church is free
– Church Madeleine - entry to the church is free
– Arc de Triomphe- free on the 1st Sunday of the month between 1 November an 31 March
– Eiffel Tower(inside) is free if you if you are EU citizen and under 26 years , however everyone can see the outside of Eiffel Tower for free.
For a complete list of free museums and monuments visit : http://en.parisinfo.com/discovering-paris/themed-guides/paris-for-free/low-cost-culture/free-admission-and-good-deals-in-museums-and-monuments-in-paris#Ancre%201
- You are allowed to enter shops, but only for window shopping
- Listen to free classical music concerts organized by Radio France, Conservatoire national supérieur de musique, churches and cathedrals.
- Have with you plenty of homemade sandwiches
- Avoid public transport, bring a map or navigation system and good walking shoes.
- Free things to do in Paris,France
- Unesco World Heritage Sites in France
- Paris-Las Vegas
- Eiffel Tower- a must see in Paris
- Versailles gardens- a blend between culture and nature