Monte Carlo is a sort of “Las Vegas” in Europe, a good place to relax and spend your money.This place is synonym with glamour,extravagance and night life.The ambiance is very warm and relaxed and all around you stand incredible awesome sights. Monte Carlo is very popular among celebrities, so don’t be surprised if you dine next to Kate Moss or Paris Hilton.
Monte Carlo or how to feel like royalty
Situated close to the border with Italy, Monte Carlo is a place for the rich and famous. Monte Carlo is very close to Cannes and Nice, two other beautiful destinations on the French Riviera. Also known as a tax-free haven, the region is home to millionaires from all over the world, many retired and enjoying the good life. For those who don’t understand the difference between Monte Carlo and Monaco – Monte-Carlo is only a district in Monaco, the second smallest country in the world.
Monte Carlo is mostly famous for its opulent casino and for the Formula 1 race- Monaco Grand prix.
Here are some advices from our own experience, meant to guide you through Monte Carlo:
- see the narrow streets hosting the slowest and the hardest Formula 1 Champion-Monaco Grand Prix . If you want to actually see the race, come here at the end of May.
Monte Carlo home of Monaco Grand Prix
- admire the port of Hercules with some of the most luxurious yachts in the world
The Port of Hercules
Yachts in the port of Monte Carlo
Mediterranean Sea seen from port
- grasp the glamorous hotels and skyscrapers emerging between the see and the mountains
Monte Carlo view
Monte Carlo buildings
- James Bond fans, gamblers and not only can visit the famous Casino of Monte Carlo.We couldn’t help noticing the large number of super-cars standing in front of the casino.
In front of Monte Carlo Casino
- enjoy the view from the Exotic Gardens situated above Monte Carlo.This place brings together thousand species of cacti, exotic birds and pretty flowers.
- experience the fresh seafood cuisine near the port and not only.
Searching for a place to eat in Monte Carlo
-go shopping around the Place du Casino (or just window shopping) and see some of the most beautiful shops in Monaco.
Sightseeing and shopping in Monte Carlo
If you’re a fan of France, then you shoudn’t miss Monte Carlo.